Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cookies 'n Cream Ref Cake ♥

I am currently munching something while i'm writing this post. Particularly my birthday cake and a turon (a pinoy snack made of banana). It's a lot, I know I'm getting bloated with what I'm doing but what can I do... I'm hungryyy! :P

 

Today, I'll be sharing with you what we did last night. We made another Oreo cake. Another because we already tried it during Mother's Day last month and since it's Father's Day tomorrow I told my mom that we should make another one :)
I got this recipe from the Nestle All Purpose Cream Advert that I always see on TV. It's very quick and easy to do. Perfect for those people who don't own an oven at home (like us) and loves making sweet treats. I love making desserts than cooking pastas and the like.

So, enough of the chit chats I know you're excited to see how we made it :) 

please don't mind the knife over there haha


The Ingredients: 
  • (2) pack All Purpose Cream
  • (2) 1/4 cups of Confectioners Sugar
  • Oreo(s) <3
  • Chiffon Cake or sponge cake slices
  • Aluminum Foil (read the steps to find out what is this for)



Make sure you chilled the cream before using it or your mixture will not be fluffy like ours. I, again forgot to do that! (signs of aging? lol)


You can buy chiffon cake at any bakeries or store you know. Or if you know how to make one then that's aca-Awesome! :D 

I chose to combine choco flavored and vanilla oreos 'coz I like experimenting with tastes.

The Steps:

 For us we did the mixture of  All Purpose Cream first before the layering of the ingredients. 
So, you will combine the All Purpose Cream and confectioners sugar together to create the mixture. This will serve as your "icing".

lesson learned. I should put the cream inside the fridge next time!

 Cover the pan with the aluminum foil, it's purpose is for you to easily remove the cake whenever it's ready to eat. Then arrange the Oreo cookies at the bottom.


 Cover the oreos with the mixture and add the chiffon slices over it.



repeat the second and third steps :)


then cover the chiffon with the mixture again and top it with crushed oreos. You may also add anything you want to make the toppings extra special ♥


put it inside the fridge overnight and ...
VOILA! You already have a dessert for your Father's Day celebration! 
Yummeehh yummeeh! :D


The other photo's have watermarks because I was experimenting. hehe

Cooking or making food is one of my favorite things to do. You might expect more post about food soon. :))

This post is dedicated to Oreo and Cake lovers like me 
(and to Niall Horan because he loves to eat)


I hope you like my first food post and comment below or message me if you tried doing it! :)

Happy eating and seeyou again on my next post! 
Willane xx ♥

Happy Father's Day to all dads! 

Twitter|Facebook|Tumblr|Instagram
links are on the left sidebar

Thanks to this video for teaching me how to do this..

No comments:

Post a Comment